Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Still Life with Coffee and Yarn

At the end of a long day of playing with yarn, coveting more skeins of silk than I can buy (or store) and looking at some beautiful Namaste bags, needle folders, some very cute sheep measuring tapes and being greatly entertained by Girl & Dean (comedy duo) at the UK Stitch 'n Bitch day, my friend Tournesol and I went for a well deserved (we thought so!) Italian coffee at Carluccio's in London's Bloomsbury district. The still life features two beautiful additions to my stash (the green/golden silk is Fluffenstuff colourway Earth, the turquoise silk - amazing to touch!!!! - is KnitWitches Silk Laceweight colourway Sea Sky) and a wonderfully smooth, deep-flavoured strong Café Latte. Hmmmm.
And since all of this was so much fun, and since I couldn't decide on a choice of still life, I just had to post both pictures - here they are!

No comments: