Thursday, November 1, 2007

contest #3

I've had a lot of adventure here the last 6 months, and to mess with the caffeine system isn't a good thing, since I am trying to somewhat limit my intake... We keep kosher and don't live so close to the kosher Dunkin' Donuts or I would have tried a seasonal beverage... maybe I'll take a trip next week...so I added some spices to my coffee press here at home - a little cinnamon, a little allspice, a little nutmeg... and it was... well... drinkable, but I wouldn't be so quick to repeat! Maybe it was the fact that I use a coffee press - don't know - I have thrown cinnamon into the grinds in a regular coffeemaker before and it was tasty.. Maybe this was just too many flavors.

My favorite knitting project is actually similar to my favorite crochet project. I like making baby sweaters. They go quickly and I get to use bulky weight yarn and they work up relatively quickly, however, I haven't been knitting all that long, and I want to learn how to knit socks, so we'll see if baby sweaters stay my faves! I also like being able to try yarns that are more expensive and not have to buy many skeins of them - usually one or two make a perfect sweater.

Usually I make them for baby gifts. I want to start making hats for myself (more in my blog on that.) I don't have a specific yarn for the sweaters, but the more interesting texture usually the better. I will try to post the pictures later on this... I guess I am into the more "instant gratification" type of projects.

No comments: