Thursday, November 1, 2007

Contest 3: I dared to try a new coffee

I've been trying to be a better coffee drinker. I'm branching out a bit and giving other brands a go. Last week I found a new coffee to try. It's Newman's Own French Roast. It's an organic line of coffee provided by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters . I liked this coffee. I think it would be a good addition to my coffee bar and might just replace my usual Starbucks coffee. I think their breakfast blend is next on my list to try.

My favorite knitting project is lace scarves. Odd. I really have to think when I work on lace otherwise it ends up bad. So no TV and very little conversation. I love the challenge of a good lace scarf. Scarves are a good sized project to try out a new lace pattern on without a whole lot of commitment such as a shawl would require. At this point I make hardly anything for myself mostly for others. I have tons of yarn for my own scarf I just need to get on that...at some point.

My favorite type of yarn to use for the lace scarf is Artyarns ultra merino. It's just a little bit more than lace weight and durable enough to be an every day wearable scarf. And what's the point of a great lace scarf if you won't wear it for fear of it getting ruined?

No comments: