Friday, October 26, 2007

Contest #2

Hmmm....There are sooo many great coffees out there....how to limit it to just one. I would have to say that my favorite is a hot, strong, steaming cup of Gingerbread coffee. Whether a gingerbread latte as in the photo below (this one is from Dunn Bros. - I also get them at S***Bucks) or a brew of Gingerbread beans from Candlelight Coffee House here in San Antonio....I love it! Every fall I sink into a state of bliss as the fall flavors come out...because I know I have a few months of great coffee drinking. I love the cinna-gingery smell and the taste, with whipped cream on top if I have had a rough day...it is bliss!! I was thinking about why I like it so much tonight - I think it is because I loved gingerbread cookies as a kid - and since moving back to San Antonio, I cannot find a good jewish bakery that has them to rival the ones at my local bakery back home (Three Bros Bakery). Go figure....
Beside the coffee, you can see one of my favorite yarns - Manos Del Uruguay, color 113 (Wildflowers), being knit up for My So Called Scarf. I love how it gets thin, then thick and the colors are absolutely amazing - all my favorites...I am still learning to embrace the fact that the scarf will not be uniform in width because of the varying thickness of the yarn...I am almost there!

No comments: