Wednesday, October 24, 2007

contest #2


Coffee Review: My favorite coffee of all time is the Blue Mountain Style, available from The Coffee and Tea Exchange which is located in Chicago. I lived around the corner from their shop for 2 years, 7 years ago and have thought about this coffee often. I decided to see if they had an online presence in light of the swap and believe I am in coffee nirvana!!!! I ordered for both me and my partner! I only hope it is as good as I remember it being.

I used to drink this almost every morning, putting the water up to boil, grinding the beans, putting them in the press...letting the water come to the right temp.... waiting patiently, plunging the press, smelling the fullness of the aroma, and then pouring it into my favorite mug, a gift from being a bridesmaid in my BF's wedding 10 years ago (somehow I have managed not to break it in 7 moves in the interim - of course now I'll drop it tomorrow!) I add half and half, allowing it to swirl itself until it's just the right color...I'll try to get the photo to show. Breathing in the warm steam helps wake me up!

Yarn Review: My favorite yarn is not really a single yarn, but the dyes done by a collective of women, Manos del Uruguay. The scarf in the background is the -wool - it is a thick and thin yarn, and it was the second knit project I have ever completed. I love how the dye is not even throughout and it causes a depth to the finished project. The yarn is "kettle dyed." The olive and the navy are the cotton stria. It is more even, pretty much the same width through the entire skein, so soft and silky and I am using it to knit a sweater for my fiber fanatic in training...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'll have to try that coffee! I live just a few blocks from the Coffee and Tea Exchange on Broadway.