Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Contest #3

I tried some Makers Mark Coffee that has bourbon flavoring. Wow it was a potent smell and really too strong a flavor for me. Flavored coffees aren't my thing. I found that I like it if I just use 1scoop of beans to 2 scoops of a regular full bodied roast. It is really a special occasion kind of coffee- I would not enjoy it for everyday.

I must say- I love to knit SOCKS- especially on the magic loop. I always have a pair on the needles . I have joined a couple sock clubs and that is great fun- having a surprise package arrive in the mail periodically. I have a friend that is always finding new sock clubs for me to join. She is contributing to my delinquency! Ha! It is fun joining together. I make socks for everyone but the dogs- humm- maybe I should try paw covers with the leftovers.

I do have a favorite crochet pattern too. I make a star shaped baby blanket in multiple colors. This is my tried and true pattern. I think every baby should have something homemade. I am always making one for teachers and staff in my school. I usually use a washable yarn in a variety of colors. You can see one I made for Allison's little one, James on her blog at www.simplysockyarn.com

No comments: