Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Contest #2


My favorite coffee these days is from a local fair-trade roaster, Just Coffee (www.justcoffee.coop). The particular roast I love is called "Bike Fuel". It's a mix of dark beans from Mexico, and light beans from Ethiopia. It's called Bike Fuel because the roaster does delivery of beans by bike in town. It's super yummy, and I could (and do!) drink it all day long!

Two of my favorite yarns are pictured. Manos del Uruguay, in Woodland, and Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, in avocado green and a charcoal/purple. I used both the yarns to make hats for my sweetie. The Manos is beautiful- rich colors, neat texture, and warm... the Cashmerino is squishy, soft and luxurious. I love the range of colors available in both yarns- all are gorgeous! I made myself a hat out of cashmerino as well (Cosima, in Hip Knit Hats), and love it. I have more of both yarns, and I'm just trying to decide what to make next.

The doughnuts? Well, it's a Tuesday tradition around here. It's chocolate fry-cake day, and they go so well with a nice cup of coffee!

No comments: