Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Contest #3

The most recent new coffee I've tried is a Maple Spice Latte, made by me using Monin's Maple Spice syrup and Just Coffee's espresso beans. The verdict? Mmmmmm, yummy! I've become slightly addicted to it, and have been adding it to my regular old joe when I work. It's sweet, mapley, and slightly spiced. A taste of autumn in a cup!

My favorite knitting projects? Hats. I love making hats. I've made them for my husband, myself, my four kids, nephews, and the Dulaan Project. I've used all kinds of yarns- for the kids I use Bernat Softee-Chunky a lot; it's warm and washable, as well as Lion Brand Wool-Ease. I made a darling hat last year out of a yarn made from a thin strip of polar fleece- warm and cute!

For my husband and myself, I've used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino- squishy, soft and washable, and Manos del Uruguay, with it's fabulous colorways.

I plan on making many, many more hats. They're fun, quick, and can be personalized in so many ways!

Here's my Sophie modeling my latest creation-

-Gretchen

No comments: