Sunday, October 7, 2007

Greetings from Seattle.

This is my first swap and I'm very excited. My mom taught me to knit when I a little girl and I'm still at it. I love to knit for others. On the needles is a beret in koigu for my amazing sister who begins chemo this week. She was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer in August and my needles have been flying ever since. I am using knitting as my therapy and as a way to use up the hours in airplanes, airports (she leaves on the east coast) and the hospital in the next year. As for coffee -I love the taste and the smell. I'm a bit of a snob. I grind my own beans every morning or go to one of our wonderful independent local cafes here in Seattle. My other love is biking-I've been biking since I was 16 and love to go on long rides with my husband. We ride singles or our beautiful blue tandem. Oh, and I'm the mom of two boys -12 and 15-just think hormones. Ride and knit on!

1 comment:

Leslie Ordal said...

Seattle! Lucky you... I miss Vivace coffee.