Friday, October 12, 2007

Hi from Switzerland

I'm an American expat living in Switzerland and am very excited to be in this swap! Knitting is really not popular at all here so I'm a bit lonely for people to talk about fibery things with. I've been knitting for 4 years and spinning for 3. I used to have a loom but couldn't bring it with me to Switzerland (where I am studying for a PhD in climate). I have been a serious coffee drinker since high school (almost 20 years ago!), and have found myself in a very strange situation here. The coffee one gets at cafes here is *divine* (although for the truly ecstatic experience Italy is a must), but the coffee selection at the grocery store is pretty bad! I've been meaning to check out some of the specialty stores and this is my excuse! I have a newish blog over here and a bunch of random stuff (including tons of travel photos) on my homepage.

Andrea

No comments: