Monday, October 8, 2007

Hello from Washington State

Hello! I'm Martha from Vancouver, Washington, and I'm very excited about this swap. Coffee + fiber, what a great combination! I am surrounded by local coffee roasters, and I'm in close locale to multiple coffee shops. I'm looking forward to sharing some of my favorite local roasters with someone. I love my 2 cups of coffee a day with turbinado sugar and half-and-half, but like flavored lattes from time to time.

I learned to knit as a child from a family friend, and learned to do more than garter stitch in my 30s. I took a 10-year hiatus from knitting and spinning, and then caught the knitting bug about a year-and-a-half ago. I'm now involved in several local knitting and spinning groups. Possibilities for involvement seem endless and I'm constantly surprised and delighted by the enthusiasm of the fiber community.

I finally got into Ravelry about 2 weeks ago. I'm Martha G there too. I'm fairly new and am still discovering the place, so I don't post much, yet.

No comments: