Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hello from the UK

Hello all, my name is Cybèle, I'm Dutch, but I've lived in the UK since 1995. I'm a single mum to an 8 year old girl and 5 year old boy, and work fulltime as a translator. I've been knitting since forever, making doll's clothes at first. I also learnt to sew and crochet when I was growing up and when I was still working parttime, used to make a lot of clothes for the children. I now haven't got much time for sewing anymore, but I missed the creativity, so recently took up knitting again. It's very slow though, as I regularly have days where I don't have time to pick up the needles at all. Which doesn't stop me stashing and adding umpteen projects to my queue at ravelry!
I've only been into drinking coffee for a couple of years as my partner doesn't drink any tea, so I had little choice ;-) I still like tea as well but you can't go far wrong with a good cup of coffee. My favourite is probably a latte or a moccha, and my best treat is to take the children to Starbucks on the weekends they stay with me - and I think my youngest shares my addiction (no, he doesn't have coffee ;-)
This is my first swap, have read about them for a while now and when I spotted coffee and knitting, I knew this was the one I wanted to join! I've already got lots of ideas for filling a box - a few times over probably....

Cybèle
ravelry cjcsew

No comments: